Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shake Pops

SWEET TOOTH SATISFIED

True confession time:  I have a massive sweet tooth!  I love sweet treats of any kind....cupcakes, ice cream, cookies.....oh my.  But my biggest weakness?  CHOCOLATE!!!  Mmmmm, yummy!!!  Whenever I go to a restaurant and feel the need to order a dessert (chocolate or otherwise), no one better come near it.  I make it very clear to everyone around me that I do not share dessert!  If they want some, they better order their own!  When it arrives at the table, it's all mine.  Get your spitty fork away from my dessert, ya hear??  

So, with my rigorous exercise and nutrition regimen in place, and because I am working VERY hard to lose weight and be fit, there really is no room for decadent treats.  Woe is me.  Summer is my favorite time for "the bad stuff", too.  Good news, however.  I believe I may have come up with a solution to this problem.  Shake pops!!!  Recently, my awesome Beachbody Coach had mentioned that she wanted to try making Shakeology into frozen popsicles.   I decided to "borrow" the idea and give it a try.  How perfect would this be?  I decided to make one of my very favorite things in the whole wide world into a frozen dessert!

The first thing I had to do was head to the Dollar Tree and buy some popsicle molds.  These particular molds are teensy (probably only 2 ounces each pop), but they will do the trick (I'll just be able to eat more than one)!


Next, I made a blender full of Shakeology.  For this one, I did not use my usual Almond Milk, but opted for 1% milk instead (1/2 cup) - just in case my (nut allergic) child wanted to sample one.  In this case, I was willing to share.  I also used 1/2 cup of water.  For fruit, I added about 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup of frozen mixed fruit (to include peaches, mango, pineapple chunks and more strawberries) as well as 1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology.


Once blended, I poured the concoction into the popsicle molds.  There was plenty left over too, so I poured the excess into an ice cube tray.  One never knows when one might need to refresh a Shakeology with a frozen Shakeology cube!

Deliciousness in the making!

Next step, is of course, putting the lids on the molds and popping them into the freezer.

So colorful!


A few hours later, the treats were ready!  I was excited.  My assessment?  It tastes a little different than a traditional Shakeology shake (not as chocolaty), plus it's a little grainy (due to the water content).  I gotta honestly say, it's not a sugary, decadent treat, but it's okay.  It isn't a fudgesicle, an ice cream or a naughty frozen dessert, but it will definitely do the trick when sweet cravings overtake me and my self-control is nowhere in sight.  The beauty of Shakeology is that it contains so many awesome ingredients, and it helps to reduce cravings.  I will definitely be tweaking this recipe until it at the utmost of perfection and I will definitely be keeping my readers posted when perfection happens!   



Give it a try and let me know how yours turns out!


~Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment