Thursday, February 17, 2011

Embrace Your Shape


I work hard to be fit.  I exercise 5-6 days a week, eat healthy and try my best to make the right choices.  Yet, I have a confession to make.  No matter what I do, how hard I work, or how much I sweat, I will never ever be skinny.  My frame, bone structure, genetics, muscles and so forth are such that I will never be a size 0 or even a size 2.  No matter what I do.  But guess what?  I am okay with that!  I am completely and totally fine with that.  Really.  I happen to enjoy my curvy behind.  I have learned to accept having broad, muscular shoulders.  My strong, wide back and large chest don't bother me much anymore (makes the waist look smaller after all).  My arms aren't as big as I used to think (and are those little biceps popping out?).  

We need to stop comparing ourselves to other people, comparing our bodies to other bodies.  We need to love who we are, what we look like and what makes us unique.  We need to stop looking at sickly thin models and celebrities (who are most likely dying for something deliciously sinful to eat) as role models for the perfect bodies.  I once heard a quote "Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken".  Isn't it about time we start working on ourselves, concentrating on simply becoming fit and healthy from the inside out - no matter what that end result looks like?  It's high time we turn our attention inward, focus on what we love about ourselves, and celebrate it - even if our bodies aren't "skinny" or "perfect" by the world's (warped) standards? 

LOVE WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE and (by all means) EMBRACE YOUR SHAPE!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment