Monday, May 30, 2011

Hubby As Guest Blogger

Paul Speaks - Part 2

SHAKEOLOGY
Now that I have a weight goal in mind I knew that I needed to change how I was eating. Insanity comes with a nutrition plan but I didn't really look at it and still haven't started to follow it. But I did change my eating habits. Junk food is cheaper than healthy foods and that is why Americans are so overweight. We decided to start to eat more and more veggies and fruits. I also cut down the portion sizes I was eating at each meal and eat SLOWER, that way my brain knew my stomach was getting full. In July Carrie got me a bag of Shakeology for my 42 birthday. She was using this as a meal replacement and was preaching the wonders of the ingredients to me and once again I was SKEPTICAL! Well now I have my very own bag and she volunteered to make me a delicious shake. I have this bag of powder so I might as well have a chocolate smoothie. I told her sure and let her make me one. Well I have to say it tasted great! I have been drinking this for breakfast since last July. My overall cholesterol has gone down 30 points and my blood pressure has gone down as well. I attribute this to the exercising everyday and the healthy shakes every morning.


THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
So I am in my daily workout routine with Sunday as my day off. I actually get frustrated if there is a day I cannot exercise due to work commitments or if the family's schedule does not allow me. I am seesawing between 150 and 153 lbs and trying to figure our how to get the weight to stay at the lower number. If I have one fault, I have the ability to really focus on something to reach my goals. So I am committed to getting to where I want and won't stop until I have reached it. The one big thing I notice is that I feel really great and that I am sleeping better and the biggest thing is that I haven't gotten sick this past winter season. Every year I usually get a whopping case of the Flu  that takes me out for at least three days. I attribute not getting the Flu to the regular exercising and change in diet to include larger portions of green veggies. I have always loved steamed Broccoli and would eat this every night as my vegetable if the family would let me!

Paul doing the "Heisman" as part of the INSANITY warm-up

Carrie called me at work one day in February of this year and said Shaun T is coming to Gillette to conduct a workout with people. I thought absolutely! I've been doing this for almost a year I can workout to any Insanity routine he throws at us. We each paid a fee of $100 and decided to make a weekend out of it!
  
 MAY 13TH
Meet and greet booth - May 13
Carrie and I arrive at Gillette the evening before the event. The local Beachbody coach Kevin, who arranged the event, has set up a meet and greet with Shaun T and a couple of Patriots cheerleaders at the Patriots Place shopping mall area. We walk to the area where the table is set up and we stand in line and notice that everyone in the line is a young male and they want to get their picture taken with the Cheerleaders! We got to the table and said to Shaun T "We're here to see YOU!" His face immediately lit up and asked if we have been doing INSANITY?  We both said yes and he got up came around from the table and talked to us for a while about the workouts and what it was like filming them with all the people in the videos. We asked him what Saturday's workouts were going to be like and he said he hadn't decided yet put it was probably going to be pretty tough. Great I thought. We took some pictures with him and me with the cheerleaders. I had to take a picture with them, they're pretty cheerleaders after all and wasn't going to miss that opportunity.
Shaun T meet and greet May 13

The "must have" photo op with two pretty Patriots cheerleaders

Stay tuned to hear more from Paul...............

No comments:

Post a Comment