Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Swift Kick In the Rear!

Sooooooo, it's been a while since my last post.  Sorry for that.  I've been dabbling in all things Beachbody since I last wrote. Let's see......I did a few weeks of P90X.  Whoa - what a workout!  If you want a buff bod in 90 days, this extreme workout is the one for you!  It requires weights, and a pull-up bar (along with loads of flexibility for the 90 minute Yoga piece).  The Ab Ripper X is a KILLER too!  If you want washboard abs for summer, do this one every (or as Tony recommends, every other) day (along with a healthy diet and a regular cardio routine) and you will get there in no time.  You'll be sweating and shedding fat in the blink of an eye.    


I thought I'd also mention that I did a one day sampling with Chalene Johnson and Turbo Fire (just to see what it was all about) and it was fun, energizing, and a super workout! Chalene is a teensy little firecracker and boy can she move!  I wish someone would bottle and sell her energy and enthusiasm - it'd be better than O.D.ing on caffeine on a daily basis, for sure!  I will definitely come back to Turbo Fire when I am done with my next endeavor........


My next endeavor you ask?  Well, as I spent the last month dabbling in Beachbody workouts, I felt myself longing for my first Beachbody love.....the one and only Shaun T.  I missed his drill sergeant ways, the sweat dripping into my eyes (and clouding my vision), and being so tired at the end of a workout that I'd collapse in a heap of mush.  I kept going back for more INSANITY abuse on the days I should have been doing something else (what a nut, huh?).  So, to curb my Shaun T addiction, I purchased his latest and most difficult workout to date called 


INSANITY - The Asylum!!!!!

Here I am, looking like a total goofball, welcoming the arrival and Day 1 of my journey into The Asylum.






The Asylum is a sports-drill-specific workout, geared toward improving speed and agility and get one performing and looking like an elite athlete.  Take a peek at this video to get a taste of what the workout is all about.  It is all shades of awesome!!!!  It's been said that The Asylum is like "taking INSANITY, dousing it with gasoline and setting it on fire."  Apparently, I've gone off the deep end because I can't wait to be a part of it, finish the 30 day challenge and qualify for the "I committed"  tee-shirt that I WILL get at the end of it all.  Thus proving, once and for all how cuckoo I really am.  I love a challenge, I love a super-intense workout, I love to sweat.  Follow along in the days ahead to see my progress!


~Cheers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment