Thursday, May 5, 2011

You Think No One's Watching, eh?


I've been working out regularly using Beachbody programs for almost a year now.  I had no idea the influence I am having on my children, particularly, my 6 year old son.  You see, he's in school only half a day and is home with me the rest of the day, so he's there with me when I eat and when I work out.  On most days, he watches me exercise and has, on many occasions joined me.  He is slightly obsessed with Shaun T., loves to make comparisons between my muscles and Shaun's (as though there is any comparison at all!!), and he frequently enjoys checking on his own "stomach muscles" in the mirror.   Ever since I began using INSANITY last June, he became my little accountability buddy and loves to participate in the warm up and stretch.  Here's a photo of him doing a yoga stretch from the INSANITY warm up.
Here's one of him doing a "switch kick" - how awesome is that??
A couple of months ago, when my package containing P90X arrived, he was as excited as I was!  He made me a poster in celebration of "OUR" new workout program.

So, this week, when I began The Asylum, of course the little cutie decided to join me.  It was the greatest thing!!!  He took off his shirt (to be just like Shaun T and the other fellas in the DVD), grabbed a set of 3lb dumbbells and worked out alongside me for a good amount of the 45 minute "Strength" segment.  He even said to me "Mom, this is SICK!  I like it as much as INSANITY."  That made me chuckle!!  I thought I'd also mention that he thoroughly enjoys the fact that I drink Shakeology on a daily basis.  He begs for a taste (saying it is just like chocolate milk).  Yesterday, when my most recent shipment arrived, he grabbed it from our postman and ran to the house announcing (the entire way up the driveway) "SHAKEOLOGY IS HERE!!!  SHAKEOLOGY IS HERE!!"


Ever since I became a Beachbody Coach, he's been asking for the Shaun T's Fit Kids Club DVD so he could do his own thing at home.  This week, I bought it (shhhhh, don't tell him) not only for him, but also to share with the new Fit Club that I am beginning soon (more on this later).  

The moral of my story is, if you think no one is watching you, think again.  Our children watch every move we make (good and bad), and model their own behavior and develop their habits after our own.  If you are a parent, I challenge you to be the best possible positive role model you can be for your little audience. 
~Cheers!  

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! Kids really do pay attention to what their parents are doing!

    ReplyDelete